Friday, June 15, 2012

Granny Squares for Cath Afghan

I've made 108 granny squares with 5 rounds in each square.  That will make a 9 X 12 square afghan. 

I finally decided on how to join my granny squares together.  After deciding on the soft blue color to edge them, I promptly ran out of yarn.  So after a trip back to JoAnns, I have more and am working on the project again. 




I know some of you probably shudder to think that I buy yarn at JoAnns, but when these afghans are used by the family which includes cats, and now a grandbaby, this yarn will hold up and will also go through the laundry just fine. 

Here are a few of the squares with the final blue round. 

 

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love color the final blue round.
    Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your afghans LuAnn. I am making hexagons and really enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10